According to the National Elder Mistreatment Study conducted by the National Institute of Justice, one in ten older adults experiences elder abuse or mistreatment. So if you know little about elder abuse, then this should be the time for you to know more about it.
Here are some signs of elder abuse:
- Bedsores, poor hygiene, and weight loss
- Confusion or depression, or sudden social withdrawal
- Unexplained venereal diseases or injury to private areas
- Bruises, cuts, abrasions, burns, and other physical signs of trauma
- Self-doubt or unwillingness to speak
Here’s how you can report elder abuse:
- Dial 911 immediately if you believe that the senior is in immediate danger
- You may call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE for elder physical and emotional abuse
- If you will report elder abuse or neglect in a nursing home or senior living facility, you may contact your local ombudsman
If your elderly parent is in need of constant care and assistance, then this should be the time for you to get Home Care Services in Los Angeles, California for them.
Availing Patient Care Services in Porter Ranch, California is essential if you want your senior loved ones experience an enhanced quality of life. As their family members, you need to prioritize their health needs and comfort.
So if you are looking for a reliable provider of exceptional Non-Medical Care Services, Above And Beyond Patient Care Services is the one you can trust. We are what your loved ones need.
Never let your senior loved ones feel they are alone. We have compassionate caregivers who offer Companionship in California. If you wish to know more about the services we offer, please do not hesitate to call us.